This website uses cookies to store information on your computer. Some of these cookies are used for visitor analysis, others are essential to making our site function properly and improve the user experience. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Click Accept to consent and dismiss this message or Deny to leave this website. Read our Privacy Statement for more.
2020 Summer Conference - Announcement

  

Dear EBA Members,

First and foremost, you are our friends.  The health and safety of you and your family is our most important priority. The COVID-19 virus (coronavirus) is a growing global public health concern that is continuing to have significant impact throughout the events and conference industry. Many EBA members have reported their companies have instituted travel bans and increased restrictions on attending public gatherings. The public health department in Washington, D.C. recommended that nonessential mass gatherings, including conferences and conventions, be postponed or canceled in an effort to fight the spread of the coronavirus. Further, North Carolina is now under a state of emergency.

It became clear to the Board of Governors and our management partner Nardone Consulting that at a minimum our banking members were facing rapidly evolving travel and conference restrictions.  Because of this and our concerns regarding the health of our membership, we have made the difficult decision to cancel and reschedule our 2020 Summer Conference in Charlotte, NC.  

We are absorbing a substantial financial loss, but the risk of a greater loss was higher had we not taken measures at this time. The Conference is being rescheduled for June 13-16, 2021, and confirmed dates will be announced soon. Following increased and overwhelming concerns about the COVID-19 virus, we felt this was the best way to proceed during such an unprecedented global situation.

For those of you who have already purchased a ticket to attend or sponsor the Conference, we are grateful for your support and hope you will consider transferring that to the January 2021 or June 2021 conference, or we can process a refund if you prefer. The processes and timing by which refunds will be issued will be detailed in a separate communication directly with those affected. However, we wanted to communicate this decision as soon as we made it, even while we are still working throughout the logistical implications from the decision. We will share information on these efforts in the coming days.

Thank you for your commitment to the EBA, and for your understanding. Please don’t hesitate to contact myself or the EBA Executive Office if you have other questions.


Sincerely,
Bill Sloan
EBA President 

 

 

 




Diamond Sponsors


Platinum Sponsors


Gold Sponsors


Silver Sponsors